Taking a page out of our own playbook, StayWell kicked off a new employee health and well-being program in 2016 with participating StayWell employees pledging “to make 2016 my best year ever.” Our new campaign asked employees to complete pledge cards and identify two specific steps they would take to reach one or more of the following goals:
- Live a balanced life
- Feel my best every day
- Take charge of my health
Here are some examples of how StayWell employees are committing to better health:
- I will schedule a full 30-minute break away from all electronic devices during my workday
- I will only eat dessert 2 times per week and make it a healthy portion
- I will do aerobic exercise 30 minutes, 3 times per week and strength training 15 minutes, 2 times per week
- I will continue to enjoy at least one break a day at work
- I will get 7+ hours of sleep a night and take at least 15 minutes a day for myself
As an organization, StayWell supported individual employees in their commitment to health by setting up relaxation stations in the St. Paul office during January (when many employees work long hours to help clients kick off their new programs). The fun and camaraderie continued in February with a healthy Super Bowl recipe exchange, heart health activities and information, and another campaign focused on acts of kindness. Meanwhile, employees in the Salt Lake City shared “selfies” of themselves partaking in healthy activities to be eligible for monthly prize drawings. Employees in Yardley had the opportunity to take part in breathing and stretching sessions for stress management and relaxation.
Stay tuned for more information about our program and outcomes as the year progresses. We hope you can benefit from our experiences.
In good health,
Your StayWell Team